I've set myself a Challenge to inject some 'Spring' into my home and to make the household chores a bit, well, cheerier.  The plan is to make new cushions and a pair of curtain tie backs for the living room.  A new apron for when I have my Chef hat on.  A peg bag to make me smile while hanging out the washing and lastly, and probably most challenging is a wall hanging for the utility room.  I've wanted to create a wall hanging for some time now and just don't know where or how to start.  

Oh and most importantly I do NOT want to buy anything new just simply use up what supplies I have, including those pieces that I love which I seem to be holding onto? - for what reason? I haven't figured out yet.
Now where to start?  I dug out a panel by Wendy Bentley for Timeless Treasures and decided in using this for my cushion.  I didn't use a pattern, just kept adding bits of fabric on until I had (roughly) a 16" square
 And here's my finished cushion.  Being a bit of a rebel I love bright clashing colours.  I remember from when I was little, my Mum saying "Red and Green should never be seen".  ... I'm so chuffed with the end result that I'm happily throwing the rule book out the window.

No comments: