Can't get enough of those funky brooches...

I was stuck in bit of a rut for a while there.  I seemed to be on auto pilot for the past few weeks, neither happy or sad, just functioning day to day.  I didn't even make a Folksy Friday treasury for the past 2 weeks - shame on me, I know - especially as I was featured for the first time ever!  I was very excited to receive a lovely message from Viv of Poppy Sparkles saying she'd picked my peg bag to include in her Folksy Friday.  Although she doesn't know it, she was the last link in my recovery - oh dear I'm beginning to make it sound like I was on deaths door or a former alcoholic LOL - neither of which is true by the way.


But all is not lost .... I've come out the other side of my black hole and I'm delighted how my bag brooches have turned out.  They really help to make my bags unique.  I'm loving the black button I used in the black and red brooch - another oldy from my Nana's collection.  I think they give a fab finishing touch and I'm positive Nana would be pleased they are being admired instead of sitting in a jar - even though I'd really like to keep them all, button obsession alert!!  All my back orders have been fulfilled and I can now finally concentrate on stocking up on Folksy.

2 comments:

Jo Clarke said...

Glad to hear you're on the up! I was in the doldrums at the beginning of the year but with the nicer weather and good friends I feel much inspired.

maricesworld said...

Thanks Jo, better weather certainly helps - I've even developed a spring in my step LOL.

Don't know if you noticed but I've added you to my blogroll...doing some re-jigging of my site over the next few weeks, hope that's okay with you ;0)